New Construct 2 Workshop
In a previous post I already told you about some of our workshops. This time we are creating a new Construct 2 workshop hand in hand with the Georgia Game Developer Association:
In this beginner level HANDS-ON workshop we will cover the basics of game design, programming and publication. We will build a casual game and publish it to the Windows Store. This workshop is great for students, hobbyists and professional developers who want to learn the basics of game development and publish their first app to the store as no programming skills are required!
Please confirm your assistance here: http://bit.ly/Construct2WS
This workshop is hands-on, so to get the most out of the event we strongly encourage you to bring your laptop configured with the following:
2. Windows 8 (a 90-day evaluation version available here)
3. Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 (free)
4. Scirra Construct 2 (free version)
To publish to the Windows Store you will also need a Windows Store developer account:
1. If you are a student, use the DreamSpark benefits for a free account
2. If you are an MSDN Subscriber, use the one-time free account benefit associated with MSDN
3. Otherwise, the account is $49 per annum.
Lastly, for continued learning and access to other programs focused on Windows 8 and Windows Phone development, we highly recommend signing up for the free App Builder program.